Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Nutri Bullet Homemade Fruit Roll Ups

I came across this recipe the other day and thought that I had to give it a try.


I say 'recipe' quite loosely, since I'm not sure if that is what you would even call this. Maybe 'serving suggestion' would be better.

Anyway, whatever you want to call it, the end product was amazingly delicious.

The ingredient (yes there is only one) is fruit. I’m pretty sure that there are endless opportunities here depending on what you like, but we went for strawberries.


So, I don’t even have a proper measurement for how much, I just filled up the large cup of my NutriBullet with strawberries (I think I used most of a 500g punnet!). Then just wizz them up.




Don’t you just love how well the NutriBullet pulvirises all those seedy bits?! I do.


If you don’t happen to own a NutriBullet don’t stress, you could simple use any food processor or blender. You may want to pour the puree through a strainer if you don’t want any of the seeds though.

So once it’s all pureed up, just tip it onto a lined baking tray and spread it into a rough rectangle shape about 5mm thick. - Doesn't it just look so smooth and shiny!!!



Then it’s into a 110oC preheated oven for about 2-3 hours to dehydrate.


You will know that it is done when it is all hard and pulls away from the lining cleanly.

Then using a clean pair of scissors just cut it into strips and roll them up.


They taste amazing. Seriously just like a lolly. I actually convinced my kids that they were strawberry lollies.

Other variations –
Mango, peach, apple, mixed berry, pineapple, apricot, banana

Who knows the flavour combination you could make…