Thursday, 1 September 2016

Homemade Foccacia Dough Pizzas - Thermomix Recipe


I am always on the look out for new ideas to substitute the boring ham and cheese sandwiches that go into the lunchboxes each day.

These Pizza Foccacia's are amazing. They taste so good and they are super easy to make. Which is definitely a thumbs up in my book.

This recipe is so versatile that you can customise them to suit individual children and their likes. For example my eldest daughter LOVES pineapple (close to it being an obsession), where as my eldest son HATES it. I know he does because I've tried hiding it in things before (which he usually loves) and he has worked it out. So I top the foccacia with different things for each child. They freeze perfectly so are easy to pull out of the freezer when I'm making lunchboxes and they'll be ready for lunch time.

I have also made this recipe plain before (with no toppings) cut the whole thing in half, added shredded chicken and cheese and popped it back in the oven for a couple more minutes. It is delicious.

Recipe

Ingredients:
450g Bakers Flour (also known as Bread Flour)
250g Water
2tsp Dried Yeast
2Tb Oil
2tsp Sugar
1tsp Salt

Combine the water and yeast into the bowl of your thermomix and mix 10 secs/37 degrees/speed 7.

Add in everything else (flour, sugar, salt and oil) and mix 20 secs/speed 6.

Using the KNEAD function 6 mins/knead.

Place dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with greased cling wrap. Leave to prove until doubled in size.

Line a baking square tray with baking paper and using your fingers spread the dough into the corners.

Top the dough with your desired topping, cover and leave to prove for another 20-30 mins while you preheat the over to 220 degrees C.

Cook for 20-25 mins or until golden and the dough has cooked through.

TIP: Sometimes I need to remove my foccacia from the tin and bake it on the oven tray if the bottom is still a little under cooked but the toppings have finished.

ENJOY...

Don't forget to check out my YouTube channel for a video of this recipe ... and SUBSCRIBE to my channel so you don't miss an upload!!!


If you are confused as to what a Thermomix is, I will leave a photo and a link down below to the machine on Amazon as I'm not sure where they are sold where you live. In Australia you find a consultant and buy through the Thermomix company. They retail in Australia for about $2000, when I bought mine they were running a 24 month interest free deal so I paid for mine at about $20 a week.